Should I Buy The Mima Xari Stroller?
The Mima Xari 4G stroller combines a state of the art design and luxury, pretty much everything you’ll need in a modern stroller.
That’s not all, you’re also getting something very comfortable and customizable. There are some drawbacks though, which we’ll also be looking at here. If you’re wondering whether you should buy the Mima Xari stroller or not, you’re in the right place. I’m going to explain the pros and cons and then let you decide.
When you open the box, you’ll see the following components:
- Rain protection
- Carrycot apron
- Starter pack, consisting of carrycot mattress, apron fabric, seat pad)
- Stroller seat with carrycot
The seat has a weight capacity of 45 pounds in the US and 37 pounds if you’re in Europe. It has an 8 inch leg drop where the child will place their feet. There’s also a removable baby bumper covered in the same leather material with the handlebar.
The stroller has a carrycot inside, however, you’ll need to buy the starter pack or the comfort pack. This is because when you buy it, you’ll get the chance to choose which color you want, and, the starter pack comes with a seat pad that also has a 5-point harness, for added safety.
The seat of the Mima Xari stroller is egg shaped and has an aesthetically pleasing effect. Also, the seat comes in 8 different colors for you to choose from, with the pink color being the most preferred. The outside part of the stroller comes in 4 different colors, White, black, chocolate brown, and camel.
Pros of the seat of the Mima Xari stroller
- Easy to take off to clean
- Seat pad is sturdy
- The seat is flexible and can be reclined in 3 positions
- Has 5 point harness for extra safety
- You’ll have to switch the carrycot or seat everytime you want to use one of them.
- The whole thing is a bit pricey and adds more cost, which many might find very unnecessary.
The handlebar of the Mima Xari stroller
The handlebar is adjustable and can be used easily by the parents, regardless of height. Maximum height of handlebar is about 45 inches from the ground, and 36 inches from the ground when it’s adjusted at a lower angle.
The handlebar is very sturdy and doesn’t wobble. Also, the part of the handle which you’ll grip is covered with comfortable, removable leather which is the same material as the seat.
The canopy of the Mima Xari stroller is quite unique, in the sense that some people might fancy it, others might not. It’s a hard-shelled structure that is designed that way to offer stronger protection against the sun. It’s also 3 panelled and slides down depending on the level of sun protection you need.
The pros of the canopy of the Mima Xari stroller
- The canopy is hard and very durable.
- It slides 3 steps depending on the amount of sunlight protection you need.
- It, like a lot of luxury strollers out there does not have a peek-a-boo window. You’ll have walk to the front to see your baby.
- Poor ventilation, not ideal for really hot outings.
The wheels are made of the same material as the soles of athletic shoes, which makes them resistant to wear and tear. It’s rubberised so it has a strong grip on the ground, making it an ideal choice for snow and icy conditions. There is also really good shock absorption.
All the wheels can be removed easily by a simple touch of a button. The front wheels, although swivel for extra maneuverability, can be locked in one place in case you want to go for a slightly rougher terrain, like grass.
Back tyres are controlled by a one-step brake. All you need to do is just step on it once and do same to turn it off.
The storage capacity of the Mima Xari stroller
It has two storage baskets bearing lids, so you can privately store your stuff in them. There’s also a front basket where you can store small stuff, the whole storage capacity isn’t really big and unfortunately, you’ll probably not be able to carry groceries in it.
How do I fold the mima xari stroller?
If you don’t fold it properly, you might end up messing up the fabric. To fold with the Bassinet, remove it from the chassis, adjust your handlebar at the top part of the seat, pull the levers in an upward direction in order to fold the frames, and then pull the handle on its seat for a more compact fold.
The result is that the folded stroller will stand on its own and you’ll be able to use the wheels to move it. Make sure to put the canopy all the way back. If every part of the stroller sets on the wheels, then you’re doing the right thing.
How to convert the stroller into a pram
This particular one requires a more visual assistance. Forward to the 9th minute.
Pros of the Mima Xari stroller
- The whole unit is very stable and durable.
- It’s easy to fold and to unfold.
- Very maneuverable.
- The seat can recline easily.
- It’s compatible with car seats.
- It comes with a car seat adapter.
- Comes in a wide range of colors for its seat box, chassis, and starter pack. For example, the chassis comes in champagne, black, rose, gold, grey, etc.
- It’s a heavy stroller, weighing 28 pounds.
- The storage compartments are small.
- It’s expensive.